2017/2018 JAGS FASTPITCH TRYOUTS
Tryouts for the 2017/2018 Jaguars Fastpitch 10U, 12U, 14U and 16U travel teams will take place at Kenning Park in Birmingham on the following dates and times:
- 10U – Sunday, August 6, 2017, at 4:00 PM
- 12U – Sunday, August 6, 2017, at 5:30 PM
- 14U – Sunday, August 13, 2017, at 4:00 PM
- 16U – Saturday, August 5, 2017, at 3:00 PM
*Dates and times are subject to change – please check back for schedule updates.
Team divisions are based on a player’s age as of January 1, 2018. For example, to play in the 10U division, a player must be 10 years old or younger on January 1, 2018.
For 2017/2018, a player’s commitment to the Jags will include:
- Weekend practices in the fall and winter (typically, Saturday morning or Sunday evening);
- Doubleheader games played on Saturdays or Sundays in the fall;
- Weekday doubleheader games next June and July; and
- Three weekended travel tournaments next summer.
For those of you new to travel softball, Jags Fastpitch, in comparison to recreational softball,
- Requires individual competitive tryouts;
- Selects participants primarily on their playing ability;
- Bases a player’s playing time on skill, production, attitude and experience;
- Is generally considered a higher level of competition; and
- Can be costly (minimum $600 per year).
For more information, please contact Jeff Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org.